UROP's GT1000 first-year seminar class on undergraduate research and innovation is a specialty course catering to students interested in learning about research, invention, and entrepreneurship at Georgia Tech. GT1000 is a one-hour credit course for first-year students, and all course sections have the following six learning outcomes.
- University Culture
- Academic Success & Time Management
- Communication & Relational Skills
- Major and Career Research
- Career Development Skills
- Leadership and Involvement at Tech